Add Mackerel to Salmon Patties

When making salmon patties, sometimes one can of salmon will not make enough for my needs. Instead of buying another can of salmon, I mix in a can of jack mackerel (right next to tuna and salmon at the grocery). Jack mackerel is about $1 or $2 cheaper and works just at well. Also, I crush up the bones in both and it gives healthy calcium to the dish.

By Judy from Memphis, TN

I haven't seen makerel in the stores in years but it's ok with me. I would rather stretch my salmon with bread and eggs than open a can of smelly makerel in my house.

Salmon Patty on a Plate
Salmon Patty Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsNovember 2, 2009
Fried Frozen Chicken Patties
Recipes Using Frozen Chicken Patties
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Mackerel Recipes
2 Fried salmon patties with a wedge of lime and a cob of corn.
Fried Salmon Patties