Ball Point Pen Marks on Imitation Leather (vinyl?)

I have recently started cleaning a doctors office which has ink marks on the examining tables. I have tried alcohol, Simple Green, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and cannot seem to find anything to remove the marks. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks!

Sheila from MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I clean banks and doctor's offices also. I have used anti-bacterial hand gel with great success. Rub it into the ink and go do something else leave on the ink for about 5-10min. rub off with soft cloth or whatever cleaner you normally use. I've also removed permanent marker from countertops with it, adhesives, and chewing gum from a carpet. It will also remove black shoe marks from tile floors, and scuff marks from walls. I now keep a bottle with me at all times and when you're done cleaning you can use it on your hands.

Best Answer

Hairspray works well to remove ink from imitation leather ( in my case a purse). You have to spray and wipe several times, but it will eventually come off.

Best Answer

Let me save you all the trouble. If ink is on leather more than three days-it's indelible! That means that it's not coming off. You best chance is to remove it with an alcohol based product within the three days. Try using something like simple green first to remove the ink that has not penetrated the substrate then follow with the alcohol.

There is no magical solution in hairspray that removes ink other that the alcohol content. Just skip the hairspray part and use straight alcohol and you won't smell like Aquanet! If you cannot remove the ink look for a suitable vinyl dye like ColorBond.

WD-40 should remove the pen marks then wash with soap and water to remove WD-40

maybe Goo Gone?

Sheila, have you tried hair spray? Bonnie

Try Baking soda. Dip a barely damp rag into the baking soda, and gently rub the spot. Rinse with a clean damp rag.

The hairspray did it! I sprayed to cover the pen marks and then rubbed gently to take them all out. I rinsed with a clean rag and it looks great!

My son drew on a bar chair with blue pen, and I tried nearly everything, but hairspray works the best

My sister in law is opening a hair salon and he little brother scribbled on her vinyl chair with a ball point pen!(purple pen on a cream colored chair!) Magic Erasers,cleanser,Goo Gone,Goop,Goof Off,baking soda,peroxide,alcohol...so far nothing works but the hairspray,but it isn't as easy as it sounds!! You still need to scrub and scrub!!!!

The Purell worked fairly well on a vinyl chair. Its not completely gone, but it is not glaring at you either! Thanks!

I just Got PERMANENT MARKER on a £25,000 rigid hull inflatable. the hairspray worked, and I have a boatyard of impressed people.

Thank you for saving me.

The hairspray did the work - tried almost everything else. Ereased it compleatly

Have you tried a baby wipe? We had ball point pen marks on an electronic drum kit (the drum pads) and a baby wipe took it right off with not too much scrubbing.

I was freaking out when I saw my tan couch with ballpoint pen on it from my 2 year old son. I Googled a remedy and this site pulled up! I used hairspray and it worked! Thanks to everyone! My couch is Bonded Leather, Half Vinyl and half leather.

Let me help and save you. We have a beautiful white faux leather sofa. My friend wrote on it, 2 weeks ago. Used magic eraser... don't do it! It just scratches off the surface.

By the second accident (my baby) I used hand sanitize gel. Works! Eventually the alcohol works. Just put a smaller amount, and it will start to solve off the ink. Gently rub it, do it 2-3 times, and it is perfectly gone.

Answer

Vinyl Couches
Removing Ink on Vinyl
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureApril 14, 2005
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 9:13:40 PM on 10.0.0.7 in 462 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.