Add Sugar To Bread Stuffing

When my mother would make bread stuffing for turkey or steak, I would not eat stuffing because I don't like onions. Well, I married in 1966 and the first dinner I had with my new in-laws was Thanksgiving. When my mother-in-law set the big bowl of stuffing on the table, I thought it looked so good and smelled so good that I sampled it. Wow, it was incredible!

After a few years, I decided to make my first turkey and asked her how she made her stuffing. The recipe is the usual bread stuffing recipe, but she used a lot of butter, eggs, she cut her onion and celery very very fine, salt, a lot of pepper, chicken broth or turkey broth (don't make the bread too wet), but the secret surprise was sugar. Her mother cooked for the Italian priest in our town and was the best Italian cook, so was my mother-in-law, but the sugar does it.

If you cut up a big loaf of bread, add a heaping tablespoon or a little more and mix the bread stuffing lightly with your hands. All my girlfriends use sugar and their familes don't want it any other way. Try it, you will see how good this is. The sugar brings out all of the other flavors. My mother-in-law taught me how to cook and I am so glad that I paid attention. She is gone now, but we still enjoy her recipes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsNovember 20, 2012
🐛
😷
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Add-Sugar-To-Bread-Stuffing.html