Asking Mom About Shaving My Legs

I am 13 years old and I haven't really hit puberty yet. Everyone else in my year has started shaving their legs. I have really hairy legs and want to shave them so I can be like my friends, but I'm so scared to ask my mum because she doesn't seem like one of those chill mums. She is kinda awkward and I'm a little shy to ask! What should I do? Help!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Is there someone, like an aunt or an older cousin, who you could talk to first and who could help you bring up the subject to your mom? If there is, go to them for advice and aid. As a mom of boys, this sort of thing never came up for me. Does your mom shave her legs? If so, maybe just bring up the subject of hair when you and she are by yourselves, like when you are in the car. You could just ask if you could buy some disposable razors so you can shave your legs, because all the other girls in class are doing so, and you don't want to feel different from your friends.