Asparagus Soup Recipe
Try this delicious asparagus soup next time you want to make a healthy fresh meal for you and your family. This page contains an asparagus soup recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A great soup when asparagus is on sale. This was a real hit in our house. Its creamy, but contains no cream.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Prevention Magazine.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lb asparagus, roasted or grilled (I roasted mine)
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wash and snap tough ends off asparagus.
- Lay on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes until brown. Cut in small pieces. Reserve half the tips.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a soup pot. Sauté the mushrooms until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Melt the second tablespoon of butter. Sauté the onion until golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the asparagus and chicken stock. Blend until smooth. I used an immersion blender.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus tips.
May 6, 20190 found this helpful
If I used canned asparagus how much should I use?