A great soup when asparagus is on sale. This was a real hit in our house. Its creamy, but contains no cream.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Prevention Magazine.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lb asparagus, roasted or grilled (I roasted mine)
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wash and snap tough ends off asparagus.
- Lay on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes until brown. Cut in small pieces. Reserve half the tips.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a soup pot. Sauté the mushrooms until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Melt the second tablespoon of butter. Sauté the onion until golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the asparagus and chicken stock. Blend until smooth. I used an immersion blender.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus tips.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!