Baked Fish with Mango Jalapeno Relish

This is a super simple recipe for your busier days. It's got just a handful of ingredients, but looks and tastes like you went well out of your way. The spiciness from the jalapeno really challenge sweetness of the mango, but work well together when smothering the baked fish. I used a whole trout here, but you can use any fish you like.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 2 servings

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. I used my toaster oven. Place fish on a lightly greased baking sheet and squeeze on a bit of lime juice all over. Season with some salt and pepper. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, depending on size.
  2. Place mango, onion and jalapeno in a small bowl. Squeeze the rest of the lime onto it.
  3. Use a fork to mash it all together until most of the mango chunks are smashed. Spoon onto the baked fish and serve.

That does look delicious! I've eaten mango "salsa", but have never even thought about mashing it up with the other ingredients added, and putting it on fish. Yummmmy :)

Thanks so much Attosa for "widening my horizon", haha :)

Widening your horizon as you do mine! (Thank you so much!) Mashing these ingredients together with a fork was so easy and it just complimented the fish so well! :)

This I have to try and it is even set in my size - 2 servings.

I will have to hunt for the mangos but I still have lots of fresh limes.

So, as usual, you have set our taste buds on fire!
Betty

Please do try! I know you love to use your toaster oven, too, and this is great for that!