Banana Nut Bread Recipes
Homemade banana bread with lots of nuts makes for a delicious treat. Use up those over ripe bananas and add walnuts for a healthy loaf.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Great way to use those ripe bananas to have for delicious loaves later! I also love to have them in the freezer to give individuals or couples (since I make small loaves) or as a small thank you gesture. Homemade is always appreciated!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes-60 minutes
Yield: 2 regular loaves or 4 smaller loaves
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts or your favorite nut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 2 full size or 4 small loaf pans (I used 5 but they could have been fuller with four pans).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, then mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a second bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt and stir to mix.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mix.
- In the emptied second bowl I mashed my bananas to save clean up time.
- My mixture got pretty thick and so I used one clean hand to mix. Note: I now only use one hand since murphy's law means I will need to grab a phone or utensil with the other one as soon as I plunge both hands in!
- I added 1/2 cup of walnuts and mixed. Then I added the mashed bananas and it loosened up. Next time I would probably add the banana mash first for easier mixing.
- Spoon your mix into your pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick.
- A really good recipe. I added butter to the hot slices in the last picture... but not necessary. I just couldn't wait any longer!
When I make this recipe for us, I cut the recipe in half and I either make 1 loaf, or approximately 10 muffins.Read More...