Blackout Curtain Color Advice

Category Curtains
Choosing curtains to complement your room's wall paint and furnishings is sometimes difficult. When buying black out curtains this task may prove even more of a challenge as there are fewer choices.

I have darker celery green walls in a bedroom. It has white trim and light brown furniture with a medium brown hardwood floor. I would like to put up blackout curtains as I need them to help us sleep. What ideas would you have? I will open the curtains in the day time so that it is not so dark during the day.

By Cristy from Boulder, CO

If I understand you correctly, you request advice about having the black out curtains in your bedroom? If you need them to sleep, seems appropriate to me. If you prefer a color, add regular curtains in a color you like in front of the black out curtains, facing the room.