Butterick Sewing Machine Only Runs In Reverse

I received my Butterick EB6100 sewing machine yesterday and set it all up. Then I tried a test run, it only runs in reverse. How do I reset it? Could it be the stitch settings?

If you just received this machine yesterday, I assume you bought it new. Contact the place you bought it. Many stores have free classes, or at least a free introductory lesson to get to know the machine. There is a possibility that your machine is defective. Contact them as soon as you can.

Hi,

There are several mechanisms that can become stuck in the reverse position. These range from simple fixes to complicated ones. I would take it in to be repaired.

Blessings,

Robyn

They should put repair instructions in the manual. I phoned create and craft, they organising a collection

This seems to be the machine you are having problems with.

www.createandcraft.com/.../butterick-eb6100-computerised-sewing...

I am really surprised your machine did not have set up instructions as well as information on troubleshooting problems but they should have some they will send you by mail or by email.
They will help you by email, telephone or even replacement.

www.createandcraft.com/.../contactus

It did have a manual but it didnt have anything in the trouble shooting to help me and I have been using a sewing machine since I was 5 years old so I know how to set one up. It was sewing fine just the wrong way

Did you get this resolved? Post back how you got it fixed. I hope the company was helpful.

It should have a warranty if you just purchased it. Be sure to keep all the paperwork together in case you have other challenges. So frustrating!!