Butternut Squash and Apples

I love butternut squash! Just in time for Thanksgiving. What a great side dish to any meal. It is so remarkably good!

1. I cut a large piece of butternut squash off and peel it. Then I cubed it. Peel 3-4 medium sized apples, core and cut up.
  2. In a medium sized saucepan, bring squash and apples to a boil, in only about a 1/2 cup of water. Stir constantly.
  3. Give a slight sprinkle of salt.
  4. Advertisement

5. When squash and apples are tender, remove from the heat and drain.
  6. Put back in the pan and add the butter. Using a potato masher, start mashing. I like mine a bit chunky. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon, and stir in.
  7. *Enjoy*

Note: You can also use a chopped sweet potato and chopped carrots. They take longer to cook, so I start cooking them ahead of time. It is so healthy!

Food and Recipes Recipes Side DishesNovember 20, 2017
🎄