Buttonhole Foot on Singer 4423 Not Working

My buttonhole foot won't make buttonholes. I have all the settings right, in the correct order. All I get is a glob of thread. The foot doesn't move like it should to make the buttonhole.

Has anyone else had this issue?

From patternreview.com:

The older Singer Professional buttonholers, do need to be cleaned, oiled at their moving parts and kept free of grit/dust, which they accumulate a lot of while they do their thing. Something might have seized inside the attachment. If there'a s lever on the side, move it back and forth to make sure it actually moves the the buttonholer smoothly along the gauge mechanism and back again in its whole circuit without sticking.

there is a small pull- down lever at the back by the presser foot lever. after you put on the button presser foot attachment, place your button on the back (I just use a coin, quarters are about 1 inch) pull down the button lever and push it backwards.

try your stitch again

Make sure there is no lint or thread in the buttonholer or the bobbin area.

You do not say if you are following the manual for placing correct settings but sometimes it is easy to miss something.
Here is a link to a manual and instructions on page 42 - just in case you want to recheck. Although you may now have a problem removing the glob of thread.
I have always been able to ask Singer for help and usually they have very quick answers. Here is a link to either call them or send an email.

www.singerco.com/contact-us

www.singerco.com/.../a719909a6ca001462cb1c2536a04506fa9ff327c...

I have the same problem with my new Singer 4423. I am about to open it up to see if I can find a problem in the bobbin area.

Did you ever get your problem resolved?

I have just got my singer 4423 and am facing the same problem with button hole . I just end up with a blob of thread