Can Medications Affect a Perm?

I had a perm and it did not work. My hair is frizzy and dry like wool. It takes a long time to dry and then it is lank and dull. Is this because of my medication or due to an over processed perm?

By Sandra

Best Answer

When I had long hair my regular hairdresser would not not do a "wave" until 4 weeks after I had surgery. He said the anesthesia and antibiotics could have effect on my hair for that length of time.

Not sure about other medications but friends have told me they believe their blood pressure medication affected their hair.

I take a biotin supplement and it has made a big difference in the texture of my hair and also I no longer lose a brush full of hair everyday. Results take several months but it has been worth it to me.