Caring for an Injured Grasshopper

I found this pale colored grasshopper on the floor of my room. I think one of my cats was messing with it. It's lying on its back, but can barely move itself. Idk if I should put it down which I would hate to do or let it go, but I don't want it to get eaten.

Can someone help me out?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Grasshoppers aren't like lizards and can't regrow their tails. If it is badly injured it might die. I would try and keep it warm under a lamp light on your desk. Not too hot. Don't put the light on top of the grasshopper. Keep it in a small box and fill the box with some leaves or grass.

It will not regrow its limb. If you let it go, it probably will be prey for another animal.

You are very kind but, I would put it somewhere in a box with holes and add grass.Maybe it would then have a chance.If not at least you tried.

It sounds like it's really struggling and I don't think you can help it from this point :(

you should let it go in a safe spot like in your garden and watch it for a while and make sure it leaves safely.