Cauliflower Casserole Recipes
A delicious vegetable that goes very well with cheese. This guide contains cauliflower casserole recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I created this recipe to hide the cauliflower from the grandkids. I sometimes mix the cauliflower and potatoes, but I like the layering for serving.
- 2 heads cauliflower, steamed and mashed lightly with a little milk or cream
- 2 lbs. white or sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed lightly
- 1 lb. ham, cubed and sauteed lightly
- 1 small onion, chopped into a small mince and sauteed with the ham
- 1/3 lb. of your favorite cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Butter a 9x13 inch pan. Add salt and pepper to taste to all layers. Layer half of the potatoes, either white or sweet. You can mix it up using both types of potatoes or you can go with only one type, your choice. Use 1/3 of cheese on top. Spread evenly.
On the next layer, add the mashed or pureed cauliflower and again place 1/3 cheese on top.
Place the last 1/2 of the potatoes on top and add the sauteed ham bites and onions and the rest of the cheese.
Bake 30 minutes to heat through. Serve with apple butter, and it's a great fall dinner. The leftovers are good too!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Source: Nope, this one is all mine!
By Gracie from Stevensville, MT
May 22, 20096 found this helpful
Tasty substituted with asparagus or broccoli, too ;-)
- 1 cauliflower, separate into florets (no stems) and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Butter an 8x10 inch baking dish. In a large pot, boil cauliflower until crisp but tender. Drain.
Lightly pack cauliflower in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
This casserole is full of everything you would think a potato casserole was full of, it is a very rich dish. A friend of mine posted this recipe. I changed it slightly to get rid of a lot of fat. I used half and half rather than heavy cream in this recipe.
Cauliflower is very good for you and eating it raw is also beneficial.
Source: Here is the link to the original recipe which uses heavy cream instead of my half and half. http://www.louanneskitchen.com/2010/06/loaded-cauliflower-casserole.html
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese. divided
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp half and half
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, sliced (2 bunches)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder, or one clove garlic, grated
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam cauliflower florets until they are tender.
- Cream together in a seperate bowl the following ingredients:
6 oz. of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz. of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese and half and half.
- Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic then set aside.
- Drain liquid from steamed cauliflower. Add drained cauliflower to cheese mixture.
- Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together. Taste to see if salt or pepper is needed. If you desire a finer texture, use a potato masher for a different smoother texture.
- Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole. Sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake casserole for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- 1 package frozen cauliflower or 1/2 head of fresh cauliflower
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Cook cauliflower according to package directions or boil fresh until tender. Boil carrots until tender. Place carrots and cauliflower, broke into flowerets, in 1 1/2 qt. casserole, mix with mushroom soup and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Wash cauliflower, don't dry. Place cauliflower in casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 8-9 minutes until tender.Read More...
Make a white sauce of the flour, butter and milk. Cool and add egg yolks; stir well. Flavor to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.Read More...