Cereal Bags for Freezer

The bags that cereal comes in are great for storing all the leftover veggies in the freezer. I use a clothespin or chip clip to hold it closed.

When it is full, then you can throw the vegetables into the crockpot with a can of beef broth and tomatoes. Heating this up in the crockpot makes the flavors blend and it is an excellent vegetable soup. You can also sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top when you serve this vegetable soup, if you like.

You can never keep the air out of the cereal bags. I use ziplock bags and use a straw to suck out the air. This way as I gather more leftovers, I can simply add them to the bag. Also I can label the bag as to the date it was first put into the freezer.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceApril 11, 2013
🎂
📓
🌻