Chicken Alfredo Recipes

Ingredients

• 6 oz. uncooked fettuccine or spaghetti
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
  • Advertisement

• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions

Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain. In skillet over medium high heat, heat butter. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Add soup, milk, cheese, pepper and fettuccine mixture and cook through, stirring often. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, IA

4 More Solutions

While I am waiting for the water to boil to cook the pasta, I plug in my George Foreman grill and begin grilling at least 2 chicken breasts.

Easy, quick, tasty and cost effective. Place chicken patties on pan that has been coated with cooking spray and bake in 400 degree F oven. Boil water for pasta; add a drop or two of oil and salt.

This recipe is not 'gourmet' but it's quick, easy and tasty. I have made it for about four decades.

I use boxed PastaRoni (RiceaRoni sibling) but instead of following the boxed directions, I heat 1/2 cup milk and 3 tbls butter (no water because not using the water gives a far more tasty flavor and thicker sauce) in a saucepan while the pasta is cooking.

Then drain the pasta, (do not rinse) place it back in the pan, add the milk and butter sauce, stir and then stir in the packaged seasoning.

Then add one or two 3 oz cans of drained, diced chicken breasts and stir.

PS: Have tried Lipton Fettuccini and other packaged brands but PastaRoni is the best ;-)

Source: There was a request today for a Chicken Alfredo recipe and once I posted it, I thought, "Well, maybe also submit in the contest" ;-)

Both my parents worked long hours when I was growing up and, most of the time, I was on my own to cook so came up with this when I was in my mid-teens. Used leftover chicken back then but used the canned once it became available.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats ChickenJanuary 6, 2014
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chicken-Broccoli-Alfredo-Recipes.html