Chicken and Noodles Recipes

Category Pastas
A number of simple, delicious meals can be made with chicken, noodles and vegetables. This page contains chicken and noodles recipes.

When making chicken and noodles, I use a can of cream of chicken soup to the broth. I also use cream of chicken soup in my dressing, chicken and dumplings, anything using the chicken broth. It make it have body and thickening. I used this very often and my family and friends want to know what my secret is.

Hope it will help.

By Pat from Harlem, GA

A quick easy recipe, great for busy nights and last minute dinner ideas!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 8-10 servings

Source: My own recipe when I needed a quick yummy dinner!

• 1 bag medium or wide egg noodles
  • 1 large can chicken breast
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can peas or peas/carrot mix

1. In a medium saucepan combine chicken (do not drain), soups and peas. Add in 1 can of milk or water.
  2. Stir over medium heat until almost boiling, stirring constantly.
  3. Cook and drain the egg noodles.
  4. Combine soup mixture and egg noodles in large pot. I use the pot I cooked the noodles in. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!

This is a Slow Cooker recipe.

Ingredients

Directions

In a skillet, (nonstick) quickly golden brown each side of chicken breasts. Then including chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a Slow Cooker. Mix well! Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. One hour before serving, remove Chicken, Cut into chunk size pieces. and return to Slow Cooker. Stir in Egg noodles. Cover and cook on low setting for one hour. Serves 4-6.

This is a favorite of all my little Grandchildren, It is definitely a kid friendly meal! :)

By Jackie from Norton, MA

Ingredients

• 10 chicken leg and thigh quarters, cooked, skinned, and de-boned
  • 1 1/2 qt. chicken broth
  • 2 1/2 gal. water
  • 1 3/4 cups chicken soup base
  • 5 lb. noodles
  • 4 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 lb. butter, browned

Directions

Bring chicken pieces, broth, 2 1/2 gal. water and chicken soup base to a boil, then add noodles. Boil for 5 minutes. Mix cream of chicken soup with 1 cup water. Pour that over the top. Brown butter and pour over top. do not stir! Put lid on and let set for 1 hour before serving.

Yield: 1 (20 qt.) stockpot full. Use this recipe for large crowds, etc. as they do not get mushy and stay delicious. Is best if made with homemade noodles or something similar.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 whole chicken (3+ pounds)
  • 3 packets Campbell's Double Noodle soup mix

Directions:

Cook chicken in pot covered with water. When done, drain. Reserve liquid. Remove meat from chicken, discard skin, cut into small pieces.

Follow directions on soup packet except reduce liquid by 1/3 and use liquid from cooked chicken for the remaining 1/3.

Add chicken pieces to noodles. Handy for quick meal. Easy to reheat and to freeze in zip-lock bag for later.

By Robin