Chocolate Chip Cashew and Coconut Cookies
Try this variation on the traditional chocolate chip cookie by adding cashews and coconut. You can add salt to the top if you enjoy that sweet and salty taste.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is an easy and delicious way of whipping up 4 dozen chocolate chip, cashew, and coconut cookies! If you want, add flaky salt on top.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes + refrigeration & cooling time
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional sea salt flakes
- In a food processor, pulse a handful of times until cashew looks like pictured below (do not over pulse).
- Combine dry ingredients and pulse a few times.
- Add wet ingredients and pulse.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 25 minutes for the dough to firm.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Line parchment paper and depending on cookie size, your cookie amount will vary. I used a cookie scooper and was able to make 48 cookies. Flatten cookie dough with fingers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on cookie size.
- Allow cookies to cool for 20-30 minutes. Optional: add flaky salt on top of the cookies.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.