Circuit Breaker Not Working Properly?

This weekend I had my water heater replaced. A new circuit breaker was added to the box, since I changed from gas to electric. Nothing else in the breaker box was touched. Ever since, my dryer or fridge won't work. The circuit breaker for the two only works in the off position as well. Prior to adding the new breaker, they both worked just fine.

It has always been in the off position, something I should of questioned, but haven't had any issues in over 4 years. If I flip the breaker to "on", the fridge goes off and the dryer works. In "off", the dryer goes off, but fridge runs. Any ideas?

By Brandee

You have a serious problem and could burn your house down. Get a REAL electrician to check it out and fix the problem. Some of your devices are running via the white. grounded wire. Quite possibly at one time some clown was trying to cheat the electrical company, but messed up.

Keep in mind that stuff like that invalidates your fire insurance. The insurance specifies in the small print, that your electrical system has to be up to code. Yours obviously isn't. A real electrician will be able to fix that quickly.

Have FUN!
DearWebby

I agree with Helmet. This is obviously a serious problem for which you need professional advice. Get a qualified electrician in at once. If a supposedly qualified electrician fixed this up for you, you may be able to recover the cost of the repair from them since this obviously wasn't done properly.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalMarch 2, 2014
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Circuit-Breaker-Not-Working-Properly.html