Cleaning Kitchen Appliances with Baking Soda

Category Appliances
This is a guide about cleaning kitchen appliances with baking soda. A damp rag or sponge with dry baking soda makes a good inexpensive cleaner for appliances.

How do I use baking soda in cleaning kitchen appliances?

By Ron Kemen from Blanco, NM

Best Answer

Use a damp sponge, sprinkle on some baking soda and start cleaning.

Best Answer

I make a baking powder paste by mixing 1/2 cup of powder with 1/4 cup warm water. Then using a damp face cloth, take the paste and clean. I always rinse with hot water with a squeeze of lemon or lemon juice in it.

Or use a damp rag, sprinkle on quite a bit of soda and start scrubbing. I never had good results until I started using more soda, and the rag/sponge has to be very well rung out or it just dissolves the soda, which needs to be

dry to scrub, but every so slightly damp to stay in a clump to do it's work. Now that I figured out the subtleties of it all, I love soda for cleaning. I put it on my stove top, the fridge, pots and pans and so on.

Thanks for reply