Cleaning and Lubricating a Janome 5124

I want to learn how to clean and lubricate my Janome Elite Pro 5124 sewing machine. The local sewing center won't let me watch them and says it's too complicated. I installed my own electricity and plumbing (with permits) on my fire-sale house. I can do this; I just need instruction. Is there a resource for written instruction?

If you don't have your owner's manual, you can download one online. It will tell you exactly where to oil. You have to unscrew on top and put a couple of drops of oil where the metal parts meet. You also have to remove the part near the needle assembly on the left side of the machine. You also have to turn the machine over and remove the bottom. There are a couple of places to oil there as well. It's quite easy; I'm sure you can do it.

Thank you for your comment. I have the manual; it says it never needs oiling so gives no directions. You have to take it in to a shop to service (lubricate) it. Shops here charge $98.

i have always found that I can receive the best answers from the Janome support center and they have most manuals (free).

Here is a link to their site for asking questions and also a link for your manual (just in case you do not have yours):

janome.com/.../

janome.com/.../inst-book-5124-en.pdf

Thanks, I'll try that!

www.manualslib.com/.../Janome-Excel-Pro-5124.html