Cream Cheese Sweetheart Cake Recipe
September 5, 2017
Sweetheart is a type of cake with a cookie-like texture or more similar to brownies. It is just a simple cake but what I like most about it is the white glaze on top.
Today I decided to make one with an additional ingredient - cream cheese. I have always loved to make cheesecake but this one is a combination of both cheesecake and my favorite sweetheart snack.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup natural brown sugar*
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar or another mild cheese)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
*The sugar shown is natural granulated sugar, often called "raw". You substitute either white or brown sugar. I use natural sugar because it has a mild sweetness compared to white.
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix soft butter and cream cheese. Whisk until creamy.
- Gradually add in the milk. Continue stirring to properly incorporate the milk with the creamy mixture.
- Gradually pour milk mixture over dry ingredients to avoid lumps. Mix well until well combined. Stir in some grated cheese.
- Line pan with a greased foil. This is necessary to easily pull the cake out of the pan when it's cooked.
- Pour mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 180C for 40 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and chill.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar, evaporated milk and lemon extract. Stir until sugar melts completely.
- Get the cake and pour glaze over it. Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into blocks and enjoy.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.