Crunchy Baked Fish with Tartar Sauce
A couple times a month, my friends and I try to make a full meal with whatever we happen to have on hand. No shopping allowed! This one made us giggle at first, but turned out so good. We used spicy corn chips and some crackers for the breading on some fish, and baked it in the oven. We also made a lovely tartar sauce with mayonnaise, ranch and pickles. It's pretty fun to see what you can come up with with what you've got!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 10 ounces fish fillets
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup spicy tortilla chips
- 7 crackers
- 1 small sweet pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut the fish fillets into segments and lightly grease. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place the chips and crackers in a plastic bag and crush. I like mine powdery with some bigger chunks for texture.
- Drop the fish pieces in the bag, one by one, until coated with the chip mixture.
- Place coated fish in a baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, make the tartar sauce. Mince the sweet pickle.
- Add the sweet pickle to the mayonnaise, ranch, lemon juice, onion powder, and dill. Serve alongside fish when it's ready.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!