Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking?

Category Substitutions
Not all of us keep cream of tartar in with our baking supplies. Depending on what you are baking there are some substitutes that you might have on hand. This is a page about substitution for cream of tartar when baking.

How do I make cream of tartar from other ingredients? Or what can I substitute in a scone recipe?

By Linda K.

Answers

A lot of cookbooks have a list of substitutions in them. This is usually located near either the front or the back.

What can I use if I don't have cream of tartar? I'm trying to make sugar cookies. Thank you.

By Dena Roberts from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Answers

You might check the substitutions on this page. whatscookingamerica.net/.../CreamTartar.htm

The texture of the cookie may be slightly different though. Cookies made with cream of tartar seem to have a slight sandy, melt in your mouth type texture to me. But there are many sugar recipes out there that do not use crm of tartar so it isn't a requirement for a good sugar cookie.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJuly 14, 2013
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Substitution-for-Cream-of-Tartar-When-Baking-1.html