Room Color SchemesDecorating

Curtain and Accent Pillow Color Advice

My living room is currently navy blue, with light (bluish-tinted) grey walls, and burgundy accents. I'm currently using whatever throw pillows because I have no idea what colors would be best against the navy sofa. I also have the old curtains up, which are a striated taupe, with light burgundy stripes going down them. Can I keep those curtains up? Or should I change them? If so, what color/pattern? And what colors/pattern should I use for the throw pillows? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I'd go with red curtains to pull out the beautiful reds on the other walls pieces. You don't even have to remove the ones you have hanging up, you can add a layer to drape over it. The depth would look beautiful in there.

Red curtains would be beautiful in here! It would draw out the lovely accents on the other wall. :) Very cute place.

I like white curtains to match the trim on your windowsills and shelf. Look for navy and white print or striped pillows to give the room a finished look.

I would go with curtains that contain the wall color and navy. Then, I would make covers for the throw pillows that match the curtains.

I have to say, I really like the living room just as it is. So saying, if you wanted to go with some nice complements to navy and burgundy, it seems to me a yellow mustard color would achieve that. Maybe accents that have the burgundy and the mustard yellow

The curtains seem dated and the pillows lack drama.

I'd use burgundy curtains to match the wall and blue and white patterned cushions similar to the pattern of the rug.

I think your set up as is right now is nice! All the colors flow nicely.

I think yellow curtains and pillows would be a nice color pop.
I just love navy with yellow or gold.

I like the idea of white curtains to match the trim for a clean look, and I also think the addition of mustard yellow, maybe with some texture, for the pillows to tie in with the painting.