ContainersRecycled Crafts

DIY Coin Holder

contest winner icon
If you are like me and have a ton of change then you definitely need this! Coins add up fast and those little piggy banks don't hold enough. So I created my own coin bank using a Tide Pods container. It's super sturdy and holds lots and lots of coins!

Total Time: 1 day

Yield: 1

1. Spray the top 3/4 of the Tide container with spray paint
  2. Flip over and coat all of the top 3/4 evenly with as many coats of paint needed.
  3. Once fully dry. Spray paint the bottom 1/4 with your 2nd color of paint using sweeping motions to get a good ombré effect
  4. Continue using your second color until the whole 1/4 is colored and dry.
  5. Ad

6. Touch up any paint.
  7. Fill your container with coins or anything else that needs to be stored!

Great way to reuse the container. I have this container also.

Super idea and the photos really help. Thanks for sharing!!

I use a long cardboard tube. Fits behind bedroom door is hidden and holds hundreds of dollars in coins.

I used to take coins to a Coinstar at my grocery store. I'd cash them in and get a receipt that I used like a coupon, but they charged 7 cents per dollar to do this. Lately, I think they've gone up to 10 or 11 cents.

Lately, I found out that you can cash in your coins for an Amazon e-receipt, and they don't charge anything to do this. We use Amazon for a lot of things, so I'll be doing this from now on. Somebody told me that you can do this at banks now, but it's been so long since I've been inside a bank that I haven't seen it. We pay everything on-line and even deposit checks with our phone, and most of our income is direct deposit.