This dish serves four and is really easy, tasty, light, and healthy! If you would prefer two eggs per person simply poach eight eggs. ;-)
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and broken into quarters
- 4 large or extra large eggs
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, for drizzling to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling to taste
- fresh Parmesan cheese, finely shredded, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Completely prepare one pot for poaching the eggs and one pot for cooking the asparagus to be ready for cooking at the same time.
- Steam the asparagus until they are just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes, drain and then evenly divide onto four serving plates.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs until whites are set, yet yolks are still soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove eggs, one at a time, from water with slotted spoon, allowing water to drain from each. Top each asparagus prepared plate with one egg, drizzle with lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA