Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside After Move

My dog is 3 yrs old and spayed. She has been house trained happily for all that time. However I moved over a week ago and she has forgotten her training. She will go outside some times, but despite being let out, when she comes back inside, she will then wee/poo inside, where she sees fit, in the hall and upstairs. It is nowhere near the back door.

I lived in bungalow with her before, my new house is a semi-detached, and there does seem to be a few cats around. My dog barks at them when she sees them, she has been around cats before, but not as often as she is now. What can I do to remind her of her training? I do make sure she goes out regularly, after meals, before I go to bed, and when I'm up in the morning. She is fine at night, but the accidents seem to happen when she is let into the rest of the house. I keep her in her pen. It did use to belong to my son, as I still have lots of unpacking to do.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

This is very normal because you have upset the dog's daily routine.

You will basically have to retrain your dog to go outside again at your new home. Start by taking him out again on a schedule and for walks.

Also I would make sure to clean the area he has peed and pooped in really good and find out if there was another dog living there before you moved in.

Your dog could be smelling the other dog's order and this can cause them to want to mark there territory and get their order in the home.