Dog Won't Eat Dog Food

I have a 8 year old Chihuahua that I got about a year ago. She's never eaten dog food once for me. If I don't give her table food she won't eat. The people that I got her from said that she never ate dog food for them she's always had table food. How do I fix that?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Old habits see hard to change.

Step 1
You can gradually add dog food to table food to get her used to it.

Step 2
Check with the vet to make sure her teeth are healthy. Dry dog food may be hard to her to chew.

1. My dogs are picky eaters and I had to resort to this.
  2. I boil pasta every two or three days.
  3. I mix the pasta with a can of dog food and some dry food.
  4. I have to use a potato smasher and puree the wet food.
  5. Then I mix the pasta with the wet food.
  6. Ad

7. It took me time to start to add the dry food with this mixture.
  8. Now I add a small hand of dry food and put the pasta mixture on top. The dogs are finally eating this fine now.
  9. Many people recommend that you buy a can of pure chicken broth and mix it with the food. Don't add water just soak the dry dog food in the broth and feed it to the dogs.
  10. Feeding the dog table food isn't so healthy and a small amount if fine, but not every day.

My dog is a miniature Pomeranien with a similar problem.Try using 1/2 dog food & 1/2 leftovers. Always warm the dog food in the microwave first to bring out the smell [ DONOT OVERHEAT ] - this will stimulate the dogs appetite. I use a tinned food that is not chunky meat. I then sprinkle the food with a teaspoon of finely chopped steak which has been pan fried. I buy fat free rump steak. cook it , finely chop it , then put it in the freezer in little containers. I thaw one out once every few days & just sprinkle some over the dog food. Sometimes I chop up a cooked prawn & sprinkle that over the dog food. Good luck.

You can make your own dog food. Rice and chicken is one; cook rice and add cooked vegetables.

Here is a link to more recipes:

https://damndel  memade-dog-food/