Donating Used Greeting Cards

I have some really pretty used Christmas cards, birthday cards, and other greeting cards. I hate to throw them away, if I tear off the written part and just save the front of the card is there anywhere I can send them to be used for crafts. etc.?

There are lots of places that love to receive the fronts of greeting cards but the best place that I know of is St.Jude's.

Here is a link to find out where to send them.

oregongreenschools.org/.../

Nursing facilities repurpose cards and provides residents with crafts and helps to keep fingers flexible, minds motivated, and time taken in fun as they work together on projects. Sometimes the residents sell their finished projects or enter them in their county fair which makes them feel good as they receive compliments on them.

For a short period St. Jude was no longer accepting recycled cards, but now they still are.

stjudesranch.org/.../

Be sure to check the link and address, because the program is improving soon and may have a new address soon.

Other places you can send to are

• nursing homes
  • correctional facilities
  • senior care facilities
  • you can contact local child daycares, after school programs or arts class if they could use any of the cards for fun crafts.

Try a Girl Scout troop.

Consider selling your cards on eBay and donating the proceeds to your charity of choice. Lots of cards (usually 10 or more) sell! I have had a lot of luck doing this. It is a win win! If you need help pricing your lot, check sold auctions to find a grouping that is like yours. I recommend using a 30 day fixed format. If your batch is heavy, use a USPS one price box so the buyer gets a good price!

these are good for decoupaging, collage and other crafts projects. As well they can simply be useful to reuse

so saying an underfunded elementary school, retirement home, or mental health facility might want them.