Dyeing Hair Back to Natural Color?

I have dirty blonde hair/ash brown hair. I'm not really sure what to call it. Anyway I have about an inch and a half of my roots grown out and the rest is a very pale blonde. I'm wanting to get a hair dye close to my color and than just let it grow out. But I'm not sure if I should dye it all or just the blond parts and leave the roots. If I dye it all will they be two different colors? Please help!

By Cheryl

Best Answer

Use the same color combination you have already used, but instead of putting it on your head/hair, get a fine comb and a cheap paintbrush or toothbrush and put small amounts on the comb, but not in big globes.

Just "comb" it on the comb, and then through the roots. Just do it overall, but hardly any. Wait 5 minutes, do it again, sort of where you haven't hit so far. Wait 5 minutes and once more where you haven't hit.

When you feel you've streaked what's going to show, rinse it out as directed. Don't leave it on the full 20 minutes, maybe just 15. It will look pretty natural. Each time do less and less and trim on the bottom about 1/2 inch every month or six weeks.

Best Answer

If the blonde hair is porous it will not come out well at all if you put a tint (dye) to match the roots. When I worked as a hairdresser, (now retired) we would use a "filler" to fill the open scales on the hair shaft before we used the tint to color it back. Anyway you look at it, there will be a lot of damage to the blonde hair.

I suggest you at least talk to a hairdresser before you do anything. This can be really a really tricky prodeedure, and in our shop there was only 2 of us out of 10 that knew how to do it, and even then it was scary.

On the other hand, if the blonde hair hasn't been damaged, it could be a pretty easy fix. Most bleached out hair is very damaged though.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJanuary 28, 2015
🎃
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dyeing-Hair-Back-to-Natural-Color.html