ColoringHair Tips

Dyeing Roots After Bleaching Hair

I recently bleached my natural hair and dyed my hair a bright red afterward. I do not want my roots red. Can I dye my roots a black color or will it interfere with the bleach underneath the semi-permanent red hair dye?

You can, but use a semi permanent hair colour. If you use permanent, you will have to strip it afterwards in order for it not to be stripey, and that will damage your hair.

Anonymous

Hi,
I would check with the customer service number on the back of the package of bleach and dye, and check with them.

Blessings,

Robyn

Hi,

Blessings,

Robyn

Semi-permanent is pretty gentle, so you can do it.

I would suggest, if you have not already done this, to talk to the dye brand's customer service. They should know you are not happy with the product and should offer you a refund.

Second, is you would be best served to have a professional stylist work with you to repair the issue as they can use the least harsh methods. Hair health is so important and I am worried for you that if you try things at home you will cause more damage.

Please post back with an update. Best wishes!!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJanuary 24, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃