Egg Bake Recipes
An easy to prepare alternative to scrambled eggs or omelettes is baked eggs. This page contains egg bake recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I created this recipe because I wasn't in the mood for scrambled eggs again. I had some unspoken for miscellaneous items in the fridge, and this is what I ended up with. It turned out so well that I will definitely be making this again... on purpose.:)
Full of tomatoes, green onions and turkey ham among other things, it is pretty healthy and quite tasty.
This recipe can easily be halved.
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Around 10 large servings
- 6 hot dog buns, cut into 1/2'' cubes, or 7 loosely filled cups any white bread, cubed
- 14 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed turkey ham
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cube your bread and spread over the bottom of your 13 by 9 inch casserole dish.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat your eggs well.
- Add your milk and spices and blend well with your mixer.
- Add your ham, tomatoes and onions, stir well.
Note: You will use the entire green onion, white part and all. After baked, they are mild, don't worry.
- Ladle this mixture evenly over your bread crumbs, making sure all of your bread cubes are wet.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the top, bake in a 350 degree F oven for around 50 minutes, or until eggs are "set".
- Now you are ready to eat! Pairs well with muffins or a sweet bread for a complete meal.
A wonderful Sunday brunch recipe using fresh fall veggies!
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 8 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup each, diced - red pepper, onion, & broccoli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 Tbsp each - garlic salt, black pepper, rosemary, and cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Par boil potato for 10 minutes, let cool. Slice into coin sized rounds.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan and line bottom with potatoes.
- Saute diced veggies for 5 minutes or until softened. Layer on top of potatoes.
- Beat the eggs, whites, milk and spices until thoroughly mixed. Pour over veggies. Add cheese to top it all off.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes, broil for 5 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Yummy breakfast dish, but good for any meal time. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat soup, onion, mustard and milk in saucepan, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until melted. Pour into 10x15 inch casserole.Read More...
Spread bread cubes in buttered 7x11 baking dish. Layer sausage and cheese over bread. Combine eggs and mustard with 1 generous cup milk in bowl, beating well.Read More...