Electric Lights and Fan Turning Off and On

We have 2 light fixtures and a bathroom exhaust fan that are turning off and on. I have checked the breaker and it has not tripped. The lights turn off on their own, but will turn back on, on their own. The same applies to the bathroom exhaust fan. It should be noted that one of the light fixtures is on a two way switch. This has been going on over the last few days.

I have checked all the bulbs and they are OK. What would cause the fixtures to work one time and not the next. I have also checked all the GFI outlets in the house and they all appear to be OK. The house was built in 1994. Any recommendations?

It sounds like you have a loose connection. That would explain why sometimes it is on and sometimes off. If you are not familiar with electricity, get an electrician.

I've watched too many ghost stories or paranormal tales on youtube to answer this!

If you are asking advice here, I trust you are not an electrician. You should call one. It is worth the price of the call. It may not take the electrician long to fix this, but you might think of other things you need to have him do at the same time -- more outlets in the kitchen, etc.

Many times on these jobs, you are not paying so much for the job that they do, but for the knowledge they have that enables them to fix the problem. They have training and education that enables them to do things properly and not endanger your household. Too many DYI electricians leave unsafe things behind which could result in injury or fire.

I second Louise B in her comments. I am terrified of DIY electrical projects after there were two electrical fires in our town cause by people trying to save money and monkeying with the electrical things.

If I do all the basics like you did and still can't figure it out, I call the experts. It does sound like a loose wire or a broken switch....but safety first if you are not positive.

Blessings and hoping for an easy and inexpensive fix!

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJuly 11, 2019
🐛
🌻
😎
📓