End of the Month Stir Fry

I often run out of most food by the end of the 6th to the 6th month cycle. When that happens, I heat up some olive oil and chop up what ever I have in the cupboards and freezer/fridge. Today, it was a really good mix of meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts. Next month it might just be all veggies, but that is the fun of it.

This is one of those "What can I make with this stuff" wonders that will never be the same for everyone, but that everyone can make, just the same.

• canned chicken, chopped
  • canned Surimi, chopped
  • canned mandarin oranges, drained
  • broccoli, chopped
  • onion, chopped
  • celery, chopped
  • cauliflower, chopped
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • Santa Fe Frozen Veggies with corn, black beans, onions, red and green peppers.
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • lemon pesto

Place all ingredients in pan. I use about 2 tsp. olive oil, some salt/pepper, and some lemon pesto my friend makes. The pan is pretty big, but you can use a wok if you want. I prefer the larger, deeper pans but I don't have one for now.

Cover without adding water, as the frozen veggies will provide enough. 15 minutes later, you will have a wonderful meal for 4 with a salad, or two with just the meal in a pan. N-JOY!

Note: This meal is within diabetic guidelines. It has no trans fats, (at least none I can determine), veggies, proteins, fruits and with a cup of milk or a yogurt, you will have the five main ingredients for a balanced meal.

Servings: 2-4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Bravo, Sandi! You have a great attitude! Thank you so much for sharing, I wish I could vote more than once.