Excited Dog Peeing in the House

My neighbor has a blue heeler mix and everyday when I go over to her house, he will pee everywhere. I'm guessing he gets excited. It's not just me, everybody, even when she pets him. Is there any way to break him of this or if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it, cause pee running down my leg is not very pleasant.

Leah from TX

Answers:

Excited Dog Peeing in the House

When there is any kind of issue of concern with pets, it is best to consult with the experts (trainers, vets, etc.) Many Petsmarts have potty training classes that are $15 and even free in some places. Our pets depend on us for the best care possible. If we had a child with a problem, we would consult an expert. We should do the same for our pets. (08/13/2007)

By VP

Excited Dog Peeing in the House

I was watching that dog show with Ceasar Millan, and it caught my attention because my pup does the same thing. When my husband comes home, she runs to him and lays on her back and if my hubby rubs her belly or pets her, she lets it all out. Luckily we have tile throughout our house, but I remember him saying that when you get to where the dog is at, you need to kind of ignore it and let it calm down. Then you can greet it when they are not as excited. It seems to work in our case. (11/21/2007)

By mamax27