Feeding a 6 Week Old Runt Puppy

What can I feed my 6 week old runt puppy? Does he still need milk and puppy food that is softened? And how many times a day should I feed him?

It is no longer necessary to give the dog milk if he is no longer with the mother. As for feeding a small puppy, some vets suggest 3 small meals 3 times a day. I have always just fed my puppies twice a day and given them food in the morning and at night until they were 6 months old. At that time I stopped the morning feeding and increased the evening meal and just fed them once a day. You need to take the dog to the vet now to start their puppy shots to protect them against Parvo. I would ask the vet what he feels is best for the puppy. When my puppies were so small and the teeth were not so large at the time I did add some liquid to the dry dog food to help them chew it better. You might want to do this to help the dog eat the dry dog food better. Once his teeth are fully in you can stop this and then his adult teeth will come in so there is no longer a need to do this either.

For the correct answer for your fur baby without worry, contact a Vet!

Awww! Sweet baby. Ideally pups should be on mother's milk for 12 weeks. That is what I was taught.

The vet can give you the best replacement milk to mix with a dry puppy food so he gets the best start! Post back with an update! Prayers for a healthy pupster!

Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 13, 2020
💘
🍀