Filipino Style Cheesecake
Filipinos love to create and innovate things. In most of the dishes we learn that originated in other countries, we never fail to make our own version. This one is a famous and all time favorite since our earlier generations. Also good if made into cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar cheese)
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat until evenly combined.
- Mix dry ingredients and pour 1/3 into egg mixture.
- Then pour 1/2 of condensed milk and mix thoroughly. Add again another 1/3 of flour then the rest of the condensed milk, mix very well and add the last remaining 1/3 flour and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Next fold in 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Transfer mixture into greased pan and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake over 180 C for 30 minutes or until toppings are brown and crisp; or when a toothpick is inserted, it comes out clean.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!