Finding Donated Fabric for Charity Events

I'm the Recruitment Chair and Co-Founder of a local sorority called Kappa Rho Delta at CSU Channel Islands in Camarillo, CA!

I am currently looking for locations to receive donated fabric or discounted fabric to use for charity projects such as the Snuggles Project where we create no-sew fleece blankets for animal shelters, Project Linus where we create those same blankets for children in crisis around the country, and Capes for Kids where we create capes to donate to children in shelters and hospitals to help remind them they are strong!

As a nonprofit organization, our sorority likes to partner with different companies where we can receive donations or discounts for projects and we promote their company on our website and around campus as well as receiving tax information from the charities we work with to provide them with if it is available.

"The mission of Kappa Rho Delta is to inspire, motivate, and empower women to create an inclusive and diverse environment through philanthropy and promoting awareness. Our focus is to help all forms of life that cannot help themselves such as children, animals, and the environment."

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Put a want ad on Freecycle or Craigslist.

It seems you are looking for large scale fabric contributions and I believe most of our suggestions would be for individuals or something on a smaller scale.
It would seem that your organization would be better off recruiting volunteers who would be available to visit stores in their areas to explain your organization projects/goals and possible benefits that could be derived from making donations.

I used to make crocheted prayer shawls. I actually wrote to several yarn makers. I got 4 large boxes of donated yarn. Out of stock colors etc. But great.!!

Sometimes men go through hardships, too. Often through no fault of their own. If you were to encounter such, I hope you would not be reluctant to offer them inspiration, motivation and empowerment.

Hello there!

I agree, our organization is a sorority, so we must have a specific focus which we decided children, animals and the environment would be good since there are a multitude of women and men empowerment organizations on campus but we are definitely not opposed to volunteer work that helps all forms of life, including all man-kind! (: