Finding Free Beds and Bedding

I'm in need of 2 twin beds for my children, but we can't afford new ones. We're extremely low income. I'd like to know of any programs that would help families in need with beds and bedding in Iowa please.

You can put an ad on Freecycle or Craigslist. Churches can also help.

i am in need of help getting beds and living room stuff i have no job pending SSI I Have a apt in an low income apt.. i have custody of my 8 year grandson whom lives with me...

You can search Craigslist under for sale > free and some people post free beds, bedding there. Good luck!

The free stuff section of your Craigslist or Nextdoor.com in your city should have some. Good luck!!!!!

what area do you live in

Also contact your local St. Vincent dePaul and Salvation Army. They can give you a voucher for a couple of free beds at their stores.

You may be able to also get food, power assistance and clothes for the kids. I hope things get better for you soon.

Your local church is the best place to start as they may know your family circumstances and be willing to help with things like this. Hopefully you have someone with transportation to pick up whatever you find as asking someone to deliver and (and set up?) is a lot more than just finding the beds. Delivering is a big job so be sure you have a plan before placing an ad (state if you can pick up or if you need beds delivered).
You will probably not be seeing any new beds offered on any of these sites so please do not get your hopes set on that. You will also need mattresses and linens so give that some thought also.

In addition to Craigslist, you can check Facebook where some people list free beds, bedding, and items you may need. I hope you find what you are looking for.