Finding Free or Low Cost Furniture

With limited funds, 100.00 per month, that I have left after bills are paid, how can I get a bed and furniture for a one bedroom apartment in Georgia?

I am on SSDI and have tried the social services, but to no avail.

By Marie

Best Answer

Try freecycle.org It's a website where people give away stuff they don't need any more, such as furniture, clothing, etc. They have local organizations all over the World. Everything is FREE...no strings. You just have to pick it up. Check it out.

Best Answer

I'd try garage sales. Usually they're just wanting to get rid of everything so you can get some great buys. I have a desk I bought for $5. Spray painted it & now it looks completely different. Also, check out your local thrift stores. Good luck to you!

I agree! http://www.freecycle.org/ is the way to go. Go to the above website and find a group near you. You have to give an item away to join but that is a one time thing.

Blessings, Robyn

Sometimes you can find something like that on Craig's list. Look in the Free section.

Join www.freecycle.org in your area. All stuff is free, ask for what you need, donate to others what you don't. People are very generous and will help you out. Also churches have resources, yard sales are great for furniture.

Check to see if there is a local FreeCycle group in your area. You can do this by searching "freecycle in _____". If there's nothing listed that you need and/or are interested in, you can do a ISO/Wanted (In Search Of). Around here, folks are always giving away things they no longer need/want and just want gone.

Craigslist is also a place to try, it's mostly For Sale or Looking to Buy but there are some freebies on there too. And if it's a For Sale, you might be able to bargain/haggle with the seller. You can also check for a "Yard Sellers" on-line group. Another option would be check local thrift stores, especially privately owned ones, they'll often work with you (my dtr's best friend owns one and she's been known to work out something with folks).