Finding Yarn for Charity Craft Projects?

I work for the National MS society. We have a group in our office that get together weekly to crochet or knit projects for people with multiple sclerosis. We are in need of yarn donations.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give.

By Donna D.

Best Answer

How about a yarn drive, Donna? All the folk I know who knit or crochet or have done so in the past don't like to throw away their remaining supplies. You and your group could design and post ads in local grocery stores or - if you're feeling energetic - go door to door on nice days. Get the word out and you'll have all kinds of people getting in touch with you (both near and far). Yarn isn't heavy and people from neighbouring communities might also like to contribute by shipping their remnants to you.

Good luck!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

Go on Craigslist and click on Wanted or Arts and Crafts. You can also "usually" advertise at your local library. I have even found craft shops like to help out too. One gave me a 100.00 gift card when I did a fund raiser. I hope these help. PBP

Better Living Charity AdviceMarch 19, 2015
🎃
🍂
Generated 2022-10-16 17:58:48 in 940 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Yarn-for-Charity-Craft-Projects.html