Fixing a Hair Dye Mistake

So I have naturally dark brown hair and in November of 2019 I dyed it a purple red color right over my natural hair. I didn't lighten it at all. It slowly faded to a pretty purple red tint and was lighter too. I just dyed it two days ago spontaneously to dark blue. I dyed it right over the other color. And let me say both of these were permanent dyes. So yeah I don't like the blue and I know it will fade to green so I have no idea what to do. Do I dye it black or will that still turn green? Do I put a red dye over it to make purple? I have no idea. Help please.

I would suggest going to your local Walmart or Walgreens and find a dark brown, close to your natural color or a bit darker if you prefer. Loreal and Clairol have some beautiful permanent colors to choose from and are always easy to apply. Good luck!

I would just dye it brown.

Hi

I would try to take the dye out of your hair. To do this, soak hair, in white vinegar, each day, for ten minutes, then wash out. This vinegar treatment might give you a better base color to re-dye your hair. Vinegar won't hurt your hair.

Here is a link that might be helpful:

www.wikihow.com/Remove-Dye-from-Hair

There are so many pretty colors, out there, these days! Have fun!

if you are really attached to having a good outcome, I would advise to invest in a visit with a reputable salon as they would be able to guide you

if you're feeling experimental, do any of the things suggested here

the thing to keep in mind to mixing hair dyes is that you use the exact same brand, and the same tonality, and are complementary. You can get ugly greenish hues, for instance, if you mix ash based tones with red based tones. Ash are your cooler tones.

Just like in painting, if you mix cool-based hues with warm-based hues, you get mud.

so if you do choose to dye on top of your current dye job, i recommend that you use the same brand you used then, and that you choose whatever kind (ash, brown, or red) you used. if not, you probably won't like what you get

more info on tones styles101.homestead.com/haircolor2.html

Use something like Color Oops to get the closest result to your original hair, then put a brown on it, I'd say. That is, if you want your brown hair back :)

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringFebruary 18, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻