GE Washing Machine Won't Drain or Spin

My wife pulled the lid of our GE washing machine model #GTW330ASK0WW,
serial # LG195761G while it was still spinning now the machine will fill with water, but it will not spin or drain and the light that indicates that the lid is closed does not come on. I have a feeling she did some damage to the latch switch which is mounted just under the lower right top of machine. If I replace this I feel I should also replace the hook on the lid just in case both were damaged. I would appreciate the opinion of some one who has a better knowledge of washing machines.

It would be best to contact GE directly. Here is their contact page. www.geappliances.com/.../phone-numbers.htm

I learned the hard way when my late dad tried to repair my broken washer that some things are best left to the experts, so I agree with calling GE and asking for help.

If you are handy and want to try it on your own, there are a few good resources out there.

www.appliancerepair.net/ge-washing-machine-repair.html

www.geappliances.com/.../washers-dryers.htm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_p8j-RSWU

Maybe if we would have had these kind of resources back then, I wouldn't have had to call and have a more expensive repair on the old washer, as he accidentally broke something else while trying to fix the timer.

I can tell you that YouTube has given me a lot of DIY confidence as I fixed my 30 year old vacuum with a YouTube video on New Year's Eve. That was quite empowering for a not so handy person like me! In my case, because the vacuum was so old, that I could fix it was a miracle and a bonus...I was ready to get a new one if it didn't work. But vacuums are much less expensive than a washer.