German Shepherd's Ears Sticking Up and Out

This is Sam. She is a 2 and a half month old German Shepherd. Is it okay for her ears to be like that? I mean I know the ears should be up, but aren't her ears kinda weird?

It may take up to 8 months for the cartilage to get strong enough for the ears to stand straight up. Consult the vet if you think the dog is not developing normally.

No her ears aren't weird. They are the way they are. She is precious. Embrace the beauty in her appearance as one who stands alone and unlike all the others.

I love your pup!! OMG so cute. Her ears look normal to me. Shepherds have a variety of ear configurations and they are all normal and reflect their heredity...just like humans.

Your vet can tell you how to take care of them if she fusses with them....like rubbing them on the floor or ground or excessive scratching.

Give her a treat from me. So sweet!!

What a lil cutie! No, there's nothing wrong with her :)

yes they are fine

Thank u guys and btw does she look lurebred to u ? I mean we got her from a random breeder witg no papers and ofc purebred or not i love her the way she is :)

It is normal for German Shepherds ears to be all over the place as puppies. They will straighten up as she gets older. She looks to me like she could be purebred but it is hard to tell with one pic. She is adorable.

Adorable dog! There must be a story behind how she got her name - Sam?

• Most people are concerned about when their German Shepard's ears will stand up so maybe she is a little ahead of the game. Maybe they will stand up straighter in a couple of months - but, no matter, she will have her own personality.
  • An excerpt from a vet site:
  • If her ears can stick up straight during the first five months (prior to the end of the teething phase), then its likely that they will be straight and pointy for the rest of his life."
  • pethelpful.com/.../German-Shepherd-Ears-Standing-Up
  • I hope you are making arrangements to start her on her vaccination/shots schedule as this is the most important time in the life of a puppy for being sure she remains healthy and does not pick up something as deadly as the Parvo virus.
  • www.akc.org/.../