BugsPest Control

Getting Rid of Springtails

I have springtails bugs and they have been getting in my eyes, as well as, my hair. What do I need to do to get them off me?
Please help me with this matter.

Use an insecticide and get rid of excess moisture in your home.

Are you sure they are springtails? I ask because usually these pesky things stay to themselves and eat decayed leaves, cardboard and such. I have not seen them get too close to people...but again, this is only my experience. Others may have other experiences.

Springtails and body lice look a lot alike to me so if they are small and clear-ish in color, they may be body lice.

In this case, talk to your pharmacist or doctor and get one of the over the counter treatments. You will need to wash all fabrics in your home with hot water (or steam clean furniture) so you don't keep getting reinfected.

Post back with an update! Prayers for a quick resolution!

If this is the case the bugs could be body lice and not springtails. You will need to clean your house, furniture and bedding and treat them like body lice. You can get some special shampoo for your hair and I would go to the drug store and buy some products to help you with this problem.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsOctober 2, 2019
🎃