Granny Square Patterns

Category Patterns
A good beginning crochet pattern is the granny square. This page contains granny square patterns.

I make these and sell them, but hate to block. After months of pondering whether this will work, I finally got the time tonight to try it and yes, it does.

Simply do the first row normally. Turn, and work the second row with the first row's "back" to you. Then turn and work the next row with it facing you.

It's a bit of a challenge to get the third row started, but you get used to it. It makes a bit of a ridge between rows that somehow stabilizes it, but I think it's kind of interesting.

Now, I don't claim to have actually invented anything, and I am sure others have thought of this or did it themselves, but if not, I am happy to be the first.

N-JOY!

Source: I hate to block so this is a real coup for me.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

I once saw a tree decorated only with little white lights and granny squares. Believe it or not, it was great. The squares were later joined to form an afghan, but the family admired them one last time on the tree. Also some vintage napkins rings can be used on a tree with a simple pass of ribbon on hold them on.

By kitty fischer from Pittsburgh, PA

I need to learn how to crochet and make a granny square. I have looked all over the internet and can't find a website or video that helps me. If you know how, please help me.

By bunny_puppy_animal lover

Answers

Here's the How To link with step by step directions.
www.ehow.com/how_7418_crochet-granny-square.html

Go to youtube and type granny square. There are some videos there.

www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=granny+square...
Googles version. Good luck!

Lionbrands.com offers free patterns. About.com also offers lots of instructions.
Good luck and have fun!

Try these websites:
allfreecrochet.com
redheart.com
lionbrand.com

Where can I find the pattern for a crochet puppet doll on a granny square?

By suecole from WI

Answers

Here is a link I found for purchasing the pattern for the doll you describe: www.thefind.com/.../info-crochet-doll-blanket. It is from Mary Maxim Inc. and is called a crochet blanket doll. I was not able to locate any source for a free pattern. Hope this helps.

Barbara

Didn't know if you'd seen this from a previous request:
www.craftster.org/.../index.php?topic=301817.0

I'm looking for a child's poncho pattern that is just one big granny square with a hole in the middle. A friend described it to me, but she lost her pattern years ago and I'm itching to try it. Thanks all.

By Esther Ellen Harrington from Denver, CO

Answers

Either type in Crocheted Granny Square Poncho in the search space or try home.inreach.com/marthac/poncho.html
good luck, osa

Look at www.lionbrand.com The Martha Stewart coming home poncho is made like a big granny square and may just fit the bill!

I am looking for a crochet pattern for a granny square air freshener cover.

By dorothy from FL

Answers

Search for Granny Square Air Freshener Cover lot of info there, good luck.

Can anyone give me directions for crocheting a simple granny square?

Millie from VA

Answers

(sent in by email)

Granny Square:

Make 5 chain and join up into circle. Crochet 2chain then using the circle make 11 trebles using the middle of the circle. when complete make two chain stitches, then work three trebles into the first three trebles of row before, then two chain, then three more trebles into the same space - this, of course makes the corner.

Do the same with the next three, then the next until you have completed a square, finish off into first stitch of the first corner, then two chain up to start the next round. Carry on from then on and I'm sure you will be OK from then on. Just study a picture if you can of a granny square already made up. Plenty of advice shown in crocheting on net including one of the samples of a bedspread on thrifty fun site by a lady from Arkansas, USA. I have made several blankets with same coloured border to each square and then sewed them up together, or you could crochet same.

Best of luck, hope this helps.

Mary

Is it possible to get the instructions for the crochet puppet doll on a granny square? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

By Lois from Nanuet, NY

Could someone tell me in detail how to make a granny square past row 4? And maybe a picture with the steps. Thanks.

Jami from GA

Answers:

Instructions for Making a Granny Square

http://www.wikihow.com/Crochet-a-Granny-Square

Crochet instructions and photographs! (12/08/2008)

By Marjorie

Instructions for Making a Granny Square

Hi! Go to www.crochetcabana.com It's a great site to learn crochet from. I learned to make a granny square from their instructions and now I'm on my 3rd baby blanket! No, you don't have to become a member or anything like that. They also encourage you to print off the instructions that they give you. The instructions are very clear and concise, they also have pictures. (12/09/2008)

By Louise

I am hoping someone out there will have a pattern for a Granny Square Poncho. I am looking for the one that uses two big Squares with maybe smaller squares for the shoulders. Or the one that uses just two big squares crocheted together. Right now Ponchos are the big thing for the teenage and twenty something girls and I would love to be able to make them for my 4 daughters for Christmas. Never to early to think of these things.

Deb in Colorado

Answers:

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

I have an idea. Take a big square of fabric (stretchy works best) and fold it so its a big triangle. Then, turn it upside down so that the tip is downwards. Then cut a semi-circle in the middle of the top. That's where your head will go. You're done. But you can also follow this instruction. If you want to add extra pizazz, make a fringe by cutting equal pieces at the edge of the fabric and tying them in a knot (it gives it the yarn look). (08/18/2004)

By Girly~Crafter!

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

There is a granny square poncho at http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-poncho.html. It is just like doing a big granny square with a hole in the middle. I redid mind so it didn't have the thing at the neck for the tie and it is perfect. Works up fast just like the squares and you can do it longer for bigger people. I used up all of my scraps on the first one and had people fighting over it. Enjoy. (09/20/2004)

By Alice

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

Try this site for many many great and best of all free patterns for everything that you can possibly try to crochet, including some of the more popular crochet ponchos and wraps:

www.crochetpatterncentral.com

and go to the pattern directory.

Happy Hooking, Ladies. (06/06/2005)

By Cheryl, Staten Island, NY

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Crafts Crochet PatternsNovember 25, 2012
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Granny-Square-Patterns.html