A great and tasty way to get your raw vegetables in is to make a green smoothie.
Many recipes exist off the internet for this, but this is a pretty nice one I rely on a lot.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 bag spinach
- 2 apples
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 inches ginger root (or 1 tbsp ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp Kelp or Spirulina or other seaweed powder
- 2 cups water
- Cut up apples and avocado. Add avocado to blender.
- Cut up ginger; first shave the skin off with a potato peeler or knife. Depending on your blender strength, cut very fine or semibig pieces. The more powerful the blender the less small you have to cut it.
- Add spinach and water. Depending on your blender strength, add small amounts of spinach and water; blend, then add more. The stronger your blender the more you can add at one time.
- Add apple slices and/or other fruit and sweetener. Add kelp powder.
Note: you can vary ingredients based on how much sweetness or thickness you want. IE you want it sweeter you can add another apple or add some pineapple/other very sweet fruit or simply add maple syrup/honey. To make it more liquid simply add more water. How much recipe makes depends on how much water is added.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!