Hair Color Left Hair Green

My hair is the ugliest medium brow and I tried to lighten it with Revlon Colorsilk dye now my hair looks green. How can I fix it then lighten it to a golden blonde?

Best Answer

Basically the only way to tun brown hair to a lighter blond color is to strip out the natural hair color first and then dye your hair with the color you want. There is a product called Sun In and I think they sell this in most stores. You could also try this product but it requires you to be in the sun. This will also work with a hair dryer, but it can take a bit longer.

To counteract green you need red. Pick a color with a red undertone and do a strand test first.

If it's darker (and greener) than you'd hoped, you'll have to strip the colour first as you used a permanent colour.

if your hair can stand it without falling out you should just bleach it all out and start over. Maybe just the bleaching would work. Possibly add a very light red tint afterwards to counteract any lingering green